Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Der ärztliche Ratgeber in Bild und Wort: Atlas und Hausbuch für Gesunde und Kranke," Published by Dr. Fr. Siebert, Circa. 1910












Trolling the Wikipedia Commons, I came across a large set of scans from a book called Der ärztliche Ratgeber in Bild und Wort: Atlas und Hausbuch für Gesunde und Kranke, published around 1910 by Dr. Fr. Siebert.

Above are my favorite of the 30 images included. To see the entire image set (well worth it, I promise!) and find out more about each image, click here. For more information about the book, click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, cool post. All looks a little painful though...

Anonymous said...

Great and good quality, thanks!
elise

Anonymous said...

Hmm... yummy! o_O

Particularly the Schuppenflechte - which happens to be my favourite series of specimens at the Moulagensammlung back home in Zurich as well.

Lektrogirl said...

God! I had a dream I guy I like had Elephantiasis and was wearing Ugg Boots and jeans and under his jeans he was wearing black sheer nylon tights. All over his skin, I could see these horrible lesions that look just like the ones on the legs here. Urgh.